LAARC VIP10: Volunteer Profile – BraenaFebruary 4, 2012 Archaeology in Action, Blogs, LAARC VIP, Volunteer Profile, Volunteers
As part of our 10 year celebrations each week we’ll be posting Volunteer Profiles to let you find out a bit more about some of LAARC’s excellent volunteers that have returned for the current, museum-based project. Today, it’s Braena
1) When did you join the volunteer programme and why?
I joined the VIP in Summer 2011 to gain more experience in archives and handling of archaeological material
2) What was your most memorable day whilst volunteering?
The day when we had a seminar on leather artefacts
3) What was your favourite object you discovered whilst volunteering?
One of the roman shoes we came across
4) What’s your favourite part of the museum?
London before London
5) Upper galleries of lower?
6) Favourite year in London’s history?
No favourite year – I’m interested in roman, medieval and tudor periods
7) Favourite Londoner?
Too many to choose from.
8) Mortimer Wheeler or Indiana Jones
9) If you could dig anywhere in the world where would you excavate?
10) What’s next for you after this project?
A placement with the Portable Antiquities Scheme